The Grandfather of Mountain Biking in the RoVa

Saturday, February 18, 2006

...anyway....as I was saying..

Things are moving nicely on the 2006 First Annual Bare Bones Mountain Cross Series in Roanoke County's Green Hill Park. Coming in November.
We have been promised the entire GHP as our venue. The course will include three creek crossings per lap, a significant amt. of climbing and a BEAUTIFUL course. Spectators will be able to see most of the course from the s/f area. This is almost unheard of in a mtn bke race. I'm excited about being back into local promoting again and especially about working with my Right Hand Woman, Wendi Schultz of RoCo P&R. As soon as Todd R. rides and measures the course I will post length and approx lap time info. As soon as I go to my Map Room I will be able to post some info on the exact amt. of climbing per lap.
This is a West Coast style course...lots of open areas, no gnarly rooty stuff, great vistas, fast, grassy, wet and easily accessible. I hope to have a map up soon.
We went to Grace's Pizza tonite and, I tell you my friends, the dining service in the RoVa is seriously biting. Ordered a Sicilian but the waitress came back and said , " No Sicilian tonite. " Ordered anchovies, got artichokes. We were three table from the front door and every time the door opened we got the Arctic Blast. This kind of crap is becoming the norm no matter where we go. I have an interesting new concept currently in R&D. It's called Eating at Home.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home